Art and Design Technology
Art Statement of Intent
Over a two-year cycle please cover (in detail the following skills using the skills progression to hang onto the medium being used.
- Clay and Construction
- Textiles – sewing
All art projects should be links to a well-known artist.
The learning journey –
- Explore – try out the medium – eg charcoal, make different lines, sizes, shapes, how hard you press etc. With clay it would be just flattening it, joining things, making marks on it etc.
- Refine – try to do one in rough, how can I change it? How can I improve it. With clay this may be more difficult.
- Apply – final work of art!
Recording the learning journey –
- KS1 – Plastic folder with all the pieces of work leading up to the final piece. Final piece stuck in the topic books and a copy of this piece in the folder which is then placed in the topic folder.
- KS2 – Sketch books. Whole journey shown. Final piece in topic book if possible.